White House social media director Dan Scavino announced Saturday he will continue to work in the White House following a shakeup of the communications staff.
“I plan on continuing to serve and report directly to President @realDonaldTrump at the @WhiteHouse, as I’ve done since 1/20/2017,” Scavino tweeted.
I plan on continuing to serve and report directly to President @realDonaldTrump at the @WhiteHouse, as I’ve done since 1/20/2017. #MAGA
— Dan Scavino Jr. (@DanScavino) July 22, 2017
President Trump on Friday appointed Wall Street financier Anthony Scaramucci to serve as the new White House communications director.
Scaramucci had indicated that Scavino would likely stay on in his social media role.
Trump’s appointment of Scaramucci saw the immediate resignation of press secretary Sean Spicer, who had been filling in for the communications director post since Mike Dubke resigned in May.
Spicer announced Friday he would step down, paving the way for deputy press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders to become his replacement.
The outgoing press secretary said that it was an “honor” serving Trump and told Fox News on Friday night that he had “no regrets” leaving the administration.
It’s been an honor & a privilege to serve @POTUS @realDonaldTrump & this amazing country. I will continue my service through August
— Sean Spicer (@PressSec) July 21, 2017
Despite the reported disagreement with Spicer regarding Scaramucci, Trump praised the former press secretary in a tweet on Friday, saying he has a bright future ahead of him.
Sean Spicer is a wonderful person who took tremendous abuse from the Fake News Media – but his future is bright!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 22, 2017